1. Jenna Marbles makes me laugh. Is this how you get dressed?
3. I’m so horrible about grocery shopping. I’m so busy all the time that I’m constantly eating out. I’m contemplating signing up for Backyard Produce, which is a new service that will deliver local, organic produce to your door once a week. Anyone have any experience with or thoughts on this type of service?
4. Big Brother has been a summertime guilty pleasure for years, providing me with countless (well, actually about three) hours of entertainment every week from June to September. The new season premieres next week, and I’m already intrigued by the decor in this year’s house — mid-century chic, they’re calling it.
5. This past Saturday, prior to attending a wedding in the evening, I squeezed in some last-minute shopping for a pair of strappy sandals that met three criteria: gold, leather, comfy enough to dance in all night. I was fortunate to find this pair for under $50 that did just the trick!
6. Sad cat diary? Somehow I don’t think my cats have it this hard.
7. This article gives an interesting perspective on television theme music in the age of bing watching.
8. These gorgeous/minimalist water bottles are fabulous. Love this quote: “bkr is a statement against a disposable world, against transporting water between continents, and against the chemicals we ingest when we base our decisions on convenience.” Well played, bkr. You’re on my wishlist.
9. This Wedding Party app was the life of the party this weekend at Kailey & JJ’s wedding. Think Instagram scaled down to only your wedding guests.
More than halfway to the weekend. Hope you’re having a great week so far!
Care to celebrate summer in a brand new pair of obnoxiously awesome sunnies? I’ve been coveting some reflective aviators all spring, and I finally ordered these crazy shades from ASOS last week after I saw Rose rockin’ them on her blog. (She looks amazing, right?) I thought if I got these sunglasses, I’d look as glamorous as she does. And I was on the right track except for one minor problem: aviators look ridiculous on me. I do not now (nor will I ever) have a head compatible with tear drop shaped lenses. I figured that would be the case, but it was worth a shot.
Anyway, instead of sending these babies back to ASOS, I’m going to give them to one of you readers because they deserve to be worn, and I know for a fact they’ll look so much cooler on you than they do on me.
Here are the rules:
1. Listen to this ridiculous song. =)
2. Follow my blog on Bloglovin’. (Google Reader is dead. Time to move on.)
3. Enter via Rafflecopter.
4. If you win, and these don’t look good on you either, you’re required to give them to someone they do look awesome on.
P.S. This post was not sponsored by ASOS or anyone else. I bought these glasses with my own money, and I’ve decided to give them away as a token of my appreciation that you take time out of your busy day to spend a few minutes looking at my blog.
P.P.S. A little obsessed with sunglasses? In dire need of a place to keep them all straight? Check out my sunglasses organization DIY project!
Sunday night, cleaning my room. I could listen to this song all night. My favorite thing about Vampire Weekend is that the first time I hear their songs, I never know what the hell they’re about. There’s always a little research to be done — some Googling, some listening to old songs, some interpretation. Come to think of it, I’ve written about this before. You’ll like this song when you hear it, but you’ll understand it a little more once you listen to this one. I spend so much time trying to think of original ideas all the time. Maybe that’s not the point. Mark Twain wrote in a letter, “For substantially all ideas are second-hand, consciously and unconsciously drawn from a million outside sources…” Sounds like a perfect explanation for just a few of this song’s lyrics. Either way, Vampire Weekend gets it right. Over and over again.
One of my favorite Pandora stations for summertime is The Drifters Radio. There’s nothing quite like relaxing in my room on an early June evening with a breeze coming through the sliding door and the fan spinning over my head. Well, except for maybe taking a cool shower after a long beach day with these tunes drifting in from the next room, but that hasn’t happened recently, thanks to all this screwy weather.
But, rainy weather = the perfect excuse to spend a night at the movies, which is definitely what I’ll be doing this weekend. Have you seen any good movies lately? I thought Iron Man 3, The Great Gatsby and Now You See Me were all great films. The Internship and Man of Steel are the next two on my list.