Memorial Day weekend is upon us. I don’t know about you, but I plan on making the most of the next 72 hours…starting with the fact that I’m already lounging on the beach. =)
As far as I’m concerned, the next three days are a mini-vacation. No work, no stress…just fun, sun, and more fun.
That being said, here are just a few ways you can celebrate the start of summer this weekend.
1. Wear sunblock. And keep wearing it all summer long.
2. Don’t drink and drive. There are cops everywhere, and I hear getting arrested sucks.
3. Drink a piña colada. It’s summer, and you’re on vacation.
4. Relax. Spend at least a few hours reading, snoozing or sipping champagne outside, whether it’s on a porch, near a pool or at the beach.
5. Listen to some fun music. My soundtrack for the next three days is shaping up to be Reel Big Fish Radio on Pandora. Nothing like soaking up some sunshine to the tune of some upbeat ska.
6. Don’t show up to cookouts empty-handed. If you’re too lazy (or hungover) to cook, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Spread one package of cream cheese over the bottom of a medium-sized microwaveable casserole dish. Top that with one can of Hormel chili (no beans), and top that with one package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Voila! Taco dip! Pop it in the microwave for seven minutes when you get where you’re going. Serve it up with some tortilla chips and beer, and you’re golden.
7. Take at least a few minutes to remember what Memorial Day is all about.
8. Cram in as many other fun activities as possible. You only ring in summer once a year. =)
And that’s about it. Enjoy your weekend!
P.S. I posted this from my iPhone, so please pardon any typos or formatting issues. First attempt. =)