Hey! Guess what! I redesigned my whole site, and instead of bothering to do something awesome to launch it, I just went straight back to working on work stuff, so I’m just going to pretend like nothing happened. No, seriously. I hope you like the new site. I think it’s pretty amazing, but it still needs a lot of work.
If you’re a blogger, join in! Check the link-up link below to add your post and read other bloggers’ Finish This… posts.
1. I use my “green thumb” to…
Drive any plant I want to live to my boyfriend’s sister’s house. I kill all plants in my possession. I killed a peace lily. There’s no coming back from that. I own two plants, both of which are under her care and thriving. One is a hibiscus that someone sent me in a box for my birthday in 2009. It’s quadrupled in size, and it’s beautiful. The other is a fig tree that started out as a stick in a bucket. My grandfather gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago. It spends winters in Lauren’s garage and all the other seasons in her yard because it’s too huge to move anywhere until I’m ready to plant it in the ground. Other than that, I stay away from plants. For their own good.
2. The secret to life is…
A sense of humor, a camera, music, and the ability be your own friend.
- Everything is funny to me. Everything. And I don’t know how I’d get through a day if that weren’t the case.
- I think my love of photography makes me capture all the little moments during the day that make me smile. Then when I’m feeling stressed or sad, I just scroll through my pretty Instagram pictures, and I think, “life is pretty good.”
- I can change my mood just by listening to certain music. I know exactly which songs make me feel relaxed, energized, focused, happy, sad, fun, silly, serious, mad, determined, excited, and nostalgic.
- You can’t always count on everyone else, but you can always count on a good time if you’re actually nice to yourself, value your own existence, and don’t mind spending time alone sometimes.
3. I get my money’s worth by…
Putting my expert shopping skills to good use. I always Google coupon codes, look for items on eBay, shop on Amazon Warehouse Deals, and pretty much never pay full price for anything. I’m almost always willing to compromise having something right away in order to get a good deal. Sometimes, I’ll wait years to find some article of designer clothing on eBay, so I can get it for $14 instead of $400. 😉
4. On a scale of 1 to 10, my level of organization is…
A 7. Maybe. Based on the sheer volume of tasks I complete on a daily basis — both at work and in my personal life — I think most people make the mistake of assuming I am super organized. I’m not. I’m good at organizing, but I don’t think I’m very organized. I’m good at organizing files or data or stuff, but I’m not good at managing lists or keeping my car clean or doing things in the right order. I also tend to start more things than I can finish. I start them all off organized, but…you know how that goes. But I have a quick mind and a little bit of a photographic memory, so I’m mostly able to make up for any lack of being organized by just knowing what’s going on a majority of the time.
5. A gentleman always…
Does what he says he’s going to do.
6. Handwritten notes are…
Irreplaceable. Nothing on this earth will ever replace a handwritten thank you note, birthday card, letter or postcard from someone awesome.
Want to join us next week? See below for the writing prompts. =)
Prompts for Week Five (February 4)
1. I will never outgrow
2. I splurge on
3. My worst habit is
4. My passport represents
5. My most ridiculous fear is
6. My favorite thing to give is